Monday 9 June 2008

A very special saree


I wanted to honour the Indian SDC by wearing India’s traditional dress at their annual conference. Rakesh, the managing trustee, asked his wife Saloni to help. She did a brilliant job so I thought I would show you the saree. I am indebted to Saloni for making my dream come true and making my conference day special. I shall talk about the conference later, but thank you very much Saloni and Rakesh and I wish you well in London at your daughter's graduation.

1 comment:

AnikE said...

The sari looks great Sue, and perhaps is just the first - there's possibly no better way to collect colours!

Following on from the theme of Anglo-Asian fusion, there is competition taking place this summer to design a British Asian Bridal sari, with the winning design being shown in Loughborough, UK this October. For more information log in to ColourClick, then follow this link

Posted by a fan of British-Asian collaborations!