Thursday 24 April 2008

Court and Livery Dinner

As President of the Society I was invited to a Court and Livery Dinner by the Worshipful Company of Dyers on the 23rd April as one of the guests of honour. The dinner was held at The Hall in Dow Gate London. For those who haven’t been, The Hall is truly magnificent and if you want to read more about the Dyers Company please go to their web site www.dyerscompany.co.uk. I was made so welcome initially by the Prime Warden James Chambers, who I met on the 18th, then the Renter Warden and The Clerk. I spoke to members of the Court and the Liverymen, two of whom are Peter Diggle and Peter Lockett. Our own David Blackburn was a previous Prime Warden and Mike Bartle, our President Elect will become Prime Warden in the near future. The dinner was absolutely scrumptious with the most delightful wine. At least I could have a drink on this occasion! It really makes me feel very proud to be British with such wonderful traditions as the Dyers Company which was formed in 1188! I am pleased that I decided to wear a long dress and felt really grand sitting next to the Prime Warden. The evening ended at about 11 pm so Cinderella safely returned home before midnight!

No comments: